Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Falling back into a routine

At my new age, it takes longer to recover from big events.

I had a wonderful birthday and truly appreciate all the great messages everyone left on my blog. It was lovely.

It seems most blogs are now full of either election related content or cheers for NaNoWriMo. For those who plan to participate - best wishes to you. With only 4 days in November with nothing on the calendar, I have to pass this year. Can't you do this in January - the calendar is much clearer then and the weather more conducive to staying inside and writing? Lynn Viehl has some excellent advice on her blog today for those who are participating.

I was in Eastern Washington last weekend which means a trip through our beautiful mountain passes. The pictures are from Highway 2 that goes over Stevens Pass.

The fall colors are spectacular this year. The golds and reds are vibrant and the leaves shimmer on the trees.
I took these pictures while driving through the pass at high rates of speed. Aren't digital cameras great? Stopping and getting out of the car would be required otherwise.

Next week I'm off to Hawaii and our annual conference. Because I'm in charge of all the arrangements, it's a lot of work - but it is Hawaii! And, I'm going to spend some time with Pat Wood on Orion. Have I told you lately how much I love my job?

11 comments:

Robin said...

Gorgeous pictures! The trees are so beautiful. We went on a long hike this weekend, and I was amazed at how pretty fall can be.

I totally agree about NaNo. Terrible time of year for the thing. What about February? Wanna start a movement?

Polly Kahl said...

I'm also torn about NaNo. I'm just getting geared up for my compulsive holiday decorating! Your pictures are lovely and how great that you'll be meeting with Pat - hope you have a great time!

Doreen Orion said...

You're jealous of me and you're the one going to Hawaii? Remember, that's one of the few states we had to miss! (I kept whinning to Tim, "Why can't your dream include the best state?")

As for being "on Orion". Hmmm. News to me. All I can ask if that you be gentle...

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Hawaii? I am so jealous!!!

Have a wonderful time!

Synchronicity said...

I am new to your blog...I am glad I found it. Happy belated Birthday!

Mary Witzl said...

I love autumn, and those are great pictures. Wish I were there to breathe in the good piney smell!

Last year I made a stab at NaNo and managed to write half of a YA novel. This year, I don't have a hope in hell of getting that amount of writing done; I'll be doing well to edit the MS I've been sweating blood over for the past year. January would be better for me too...

Melanie Hooyenga said...

Beautiful pictures! And thanks for the link on NaNo. I plan to link it in my post tomorrow.

Trée said...

Happy Halloween AW. :-)

cindy said...

thank you for sharing the fall colors, AW! and have fun in hawaii!!

Chris Eldin said...

I love the West coast to a point where my heart aches. Those pictures are beautiful.
Have fun in Hawaii!!

Liane Spicer said...

Beautiful, happy-making landscape! So different from ours but equally breathtaking. If I lived across there fall would be my favourite time of year.

Have a lovely trip (how can you not? It's Hawaii!)