Sunday, January 4, 2009
Happy New Year
That was perfect! Thank you Uncle Jay. Will you marry me?
Reverse psychology, by its most rudimentary definition, infers that to get someone to do something we must tell them to do the exact opposite. For years, New Year's resolutions made were New Year's resolutions unkept for me. So this year I hope to use reverse psychology on myself so at the end of the year I can say I actually kept some of my resolutions.
So here are my reverse psychology resolutions for 2009! (In reverse order of course)
10. To not win more than a million dollars in any lotto, lottery, mega-millions or anything else I forget to enter.
9. To gain 20 or more pounds.
8. To be broke and homeless.
7. To be sickly and infirm.
6. To have no friends.
5. To lose my job.
4. To lose my appetite for chocolate and hamburgers.
3. To have no clothes and walk naked throughout the Pacific Northwest.
2. To lose my memories.
1. To not finish the cozy mystery lounging happily in my head and partially on my computer.
There you have it! My reverse psychology resolutions. Any bets on how many I won't keep? Any you want to add?