Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I've been tagged!

I used to like Maya Reynolds, but then she tagged me to reveal six random things about myself, and then to tag six others.Here are the rules

Link to the person that tagged you
Post the rules on your blog
Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website

So, I followed rule one and linked to that Bad Girl.

I followed rule two and posted the rules.

To follow rule three, here are 6 random things about me:

1. I'm allergic to cats so inevitably if there are cats around when I go somewhere, they chase me around like catnip and rub themselves all over me. I always knew they were evil.

2. I love stale Peeps. The woman who sits in the cubicle across the aisle from me at work has the same passion. We buy mass quantities during prime Peeps buying seasons, open them up and let them "cure" until they're nice and hard. It's almost like eating pure sugar. By the way, did you know that if you put Peeps in the Microwave they expand incredibly?

3. One of my Master's degrees has an emphasis in statistics and research methodology. That's right - I'm a dork. My other one has an emphasis in psycholgy so I'm an analytical dork. I can figure out what's wrong with you and find an infinite number of ways to prove it.

4. I was born at 3:33 on 10/10 and I'm a Libra so I'm very well balanced - except when I'm not.

5. I love grits with butter, salt and pepper. People who eat them with sugar are just weird.

6. I've given speeches and sung in front of up to 1,500 people.


Okay, so I followed the first 3 rules, but here's another random thing about me - I like to break the rules. So I'm not tagging 6 people. Instead I'm challenging anyone who wants to to post a random fact about them in the comments, or to follow the rules and post them on your blog and let us know in the comments that you did.

So..........

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those were cute. I liked number three best--hilarious!

WriterKat said...

A lot of surprises there. You think you know a person, and then.... (okay, I don't know you too well, but now I do!) Stale peeps, I'll have to try those. I like the analytic dork description - you are multi-talented. But a life without cats? How do you survive??

The Anti-Wife said...

Booklady,
The analytical dork thanks you!

Writerkat,
I'm full of surprises. That's what happens when you get old. And I survive a life without cats by having fabulous dogs.

Maya Reynolds said...

I'm so glad you did this. These were great. I loved #2 and #7. I hate rules, too, which was why I left it to each of you to find your name on my blog yourself. Four down, two to go.

Thanks for playing.

Josephine Damian said...

"3. One of my Master's degrees has an emphasis in statistics and research methodology."

AW! Where were you when I was suffering through my research methodology class last semester? I barely survived! Kudos to you for understanding that stuff cause it was way over this English-major-turned-forensics-student's muddled head.

Mary Witzl said...

I liked these random things about you and would like to do this myself, but -- only six? How could I choose? And just how weird would I be allowed to be? And what if it was TOO weird? I'm a little too chicken...

Embarrassing admission: I didn't know what peeps were! Do I ever feel out of it.

The Anti-Wife said...

Maya,
No matter how much I complain, it was fun to do. I have several boxes of Peeps curing under my desk as I type.

Jo,
It's been 30 years this year since I got my 2 masters degrees. I only remember the basics now - just enough to get me in trouble.

The Anti-Wife said...

Mary,
Just for that I'm tagging you. Now you have to do it. I'll be checking to make sure you do! Six was really easy. I could have gone on for days!

Anonymous said...

You worry me. For the benefit of your foreign readers would you be kind enough to consider translating 'grits' which sounds highly unpleasant especially if you're planning to eat it, as well as 'peeps' which sounds like 'people' and I wouldn't like any of your readers to leave with the impression that you are a cannibal.....are you?
Cheers

Chris Eldin said...

You sing?!!!!
How awesome is that! Can you post a singing video, with little bouncing peeps jumping on the words?
;-)

Liane Spicer said...

...1500 people? You are one brave lady, AW.

Psychology, huh? Analyse me! On second thoughts, ignorance is bliss!

Grits I've seen, and most surprising the stuff was. Not at all what I expected. Now peeps...? Don't have a clue.