Friday, June 22, 2007

New Cell Phone

Yesterday I was morose. I apologize. It happens sometimes but it usually goes away pretty quickly.

Today I’m happy and excited again. I got a new cell phone a couple of weeks ago. My bosses gave it to me so they can find me wherever I go. This is my first cell phone and they had to drag me kicking and screaming into the modern age. Now that I have it – I LIKE IT!

It does everything except wash my dishes. I can check my e-mail at home and at work, surf the net, look up people in my contacts, and even make phone calls. I’ve also learned how to make it be quiet when I don’t want them to find me or when I’m in a meeting.

Having said all that, I’m still trying to figure some things out and every day I make some new and fascinating discovery. My latest discovery is that I had to file down the nails on my thumbs to use the tiniest freaking keyboard on the face of the planet. I have big farm girl hands. I was one of those girls who could palm a basketball in school, so this little keyboard is quite a challenge for me.

I also finally figured out how to use numbers and letters at the same time. Wow! This thing is taxing my brain! But the thing that most people have commented on is my voice message which only took about 4 hours to finally record. It says, “This is me. Leave me a message and if I ever figure out how to use this thing I’ll call you back.”

Several people have actually been brave enough to leave me messages. In desperation I finally acquiesced and asked one of the younger, more technologically savvy people in the office for help because I had all these voice messages and didn’t know how to check them. I’m pleased to report I have accomplished this task and only accidentally deleted 3 of them in the process.

God I’m good!

2 comments:

John Robison said...

Well, allow me to tell you a secret.

It CAN wash dishes.

With Bluetooth connectivity, your phone's scheduler can cause a Bluetooth compatible dishwasher to start at your phone's command.

I have no doubt that you will master the basic phone functionality in short order.

More complex phone tasks may require a high school student.

The Anti-Wife said...

Okay, I have a dishwasher, but I never use it! There. I confessed. I'm only one person and it takes forever to fill the damned thing because I cook by microwave most of the time and eat over the sink or in front of the computer.

Ah, the glamorous life of a single woman!