Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A day in the life

6 a.m. – Clock radio (rock music) blasts me awake (actually 5:50 a.m. because I know myself so well).

6:05 – Stumble out of bed in a stupor. Give Rosie a tummy rub and gently place her on the ground. (She’s almost 14, has arthritis and short little legs. Despite the doggie steps at the end of the bed, she needs help these days.) Head for the bathroom and sit on the toilet.

6:10 – Still sitting on toilet. (Didn’t really need to go, just needed a few more minutes to wake up.) Revise time back to 6:00 according to clock in bathroom. Strip and jump in shower.

6:20 – Out of shower, drying hair, etc.

6:35 – Get dressed. (Have clothes arranged in closet so last thing I wore goes to end of rod and everything moves up each day. Too much work unless you have a slider rod!)

6:45 – (Fast dresser because of system above) Upstairs to change doggie papers, water and fill food bowls. Eat my own breakfast and take my vitamins.

7:00 – Back downstairs for teeth brushing, make-up and last minute adjustments. Give Rosie medicine. Say good-bye and out to car.

7:15 - 7:20 – On the road with country music in car. TRAFFIC!

7:45 – 8:00 – (depending on traffic) Arrive at work, fire up computer, get coffee and start working.

9:30 – bathroom

10:00 – more coffee

10:30 – bathroom

11:30 – bathroom

12:30 – bathroom then lunch

1:30 – bathroom (all the while working of course)

4:30 – 5:00 (depending on when bosses leave) Leave work

5:30 – 5:45 (depending on traffic) Arrive home, check mail, change clothes and take Belle for walk

6:15 – fix something to eat

6:25 – take food downstairs and turn on computer. Check favorite websites and blogs. Write, read, cross-stitch or whatever I feel like doing.

10 – 10:30 – bed

Yes, my life is incredibly exciting. And, yes I do have that small a bladder.

And yes, I still miss Miss Snark.

No comments: