Thursday, May 10, 2007

Still Waiting

It’s one of those odd days. I’m restless. This is a sign I’m about to start writing again whether I have feedback from the other 7 people or not. I actually started through the manuscript and made it through the first 32 pages. I added a table of contents and made some minor additions.

It really has helped to not look at it for the last 2 weeks. I like it so far and feel better reading it this time than ever before. There are some parts that still need a little beefing up, but the hardest part is over.

I almost wrote this as a novel with a pseudonym. I thought it would be an easier way to tell my story and possibly less damaging to some of my relationships. But I needed to just tell my story and that meant it had to be a memoir. I’ve decided if it turns out to be a mistake and no one wants to represent me, I’m going to take the darkest part of my life and turn it into a fantasy - a comedy with a happy ending.

In the meantime, I’m diligently researching agents who represent memoirs and have a pretty decent list to start with. When the manuscript is ready I’m going to start querying 10 per week. Hopefully someone will like it before I run out of legitimate agents to query.

If not, I’ll try fiction – me happy with a boyfriend!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am thinking about getting a court order to demand that anti-wife use a pseudonym... ;)

But on the other hand, my version of the book would be much, much easier on anti-wife than she is on herself.

-Anonymous sister of aunti-anti-wife, adult survivor of special occasions and holidays with the relatives of anti-wife as kindly described in her book

Anonymous said...

I do not take responsibility for our wrong-headed relatives' inability to appreciate our sparkling brilliance, or any of their other obvious lapses in judgement.

-Anonymous sister of anti-wife

The Anti-Wife said...

Me either! How could we have come from such silly stock?

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness we broke out of that stockyard. ;)

-Anonymous sister of anti-wife

The Anti-Wife said...

Moooove over!