Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Pooh on you, haiku!

My disappointment knows no bounds today. I didn’t even get a mention in Miss Snark’s Thomas Pynchon birthday haiku contest. Granted, my entry wasn’t great:
Gravity’s rainbow
Against the day of Pynchon
Chums of chance float by.

After I saw it on her site, I thought I should have said:
Gravity’s rainbow
Against the day - Pynchon and
Chums of chance float by.

However, it still wouldn’t have been as good as the ones she chose. I’ve never written a haiku before so this was a real challenge for me. I actually Googled Pynchon to get some ideas. Oh well! Sour grapes!

In one of my recent blog entries, I accused my dog Belle of being the doggie fart queen – the one who can clear a room with her nose numbing farts. However, I may have to rethink this. Last night Belle wasn’t even in the room when I had to quickly pull out the can of air freshener. She was walking in, but I’m wondering if perhaps Rosie is the culprit.

The worst farts always come at night – just as I’ve settled into my chaise lounge or hunkered down in front of the computer. They both like to be close by sleeping in their spots, so it’s hard to tell which direction the fragrance is coming from. There’s only one way to verify this. I have to lock myself in a room with each of them individually and wait. This is not a chore I look forward to!

I still think it’s Belle. It’s hard to believe Rosie could snore like a jet roaring overhead and do killer farts at the same time. She only weighs 22 pounds!

My life is so complicated!

No comments: