Friday, May 25, 2007

Yeah for long weekends!

Not much to say today. It’s been a long week filled with board and committee meetings, mailings to investors and minutes – taking and transcribing. I’m pooped.

My third draft is finished. I thought it was finished last week then did some minor revisions based on some late feedback. Now it’s out to another person who’s never read it and possibly to my little sister if she agrees to my terms. I asked her if she could be as unbiased and unprejudiced as possible.

Yes, I know it’s totally impossible. However, she’s really intelligent and is a published author and I would value her input – if she can forget I’m her sister and many of the people I’m writing about are also her relatives. As I said – it’s totally impossible.

However, I love her dearly and will probably allow her to read it even if she doesn’t agree to my terms because she’s the only one in my family who even remotely understands me and the only one who knows about this blog.

(She said no! She's incredibly busy right now and said, "There is no emotional energy left. The thought of reading your draft just plain scares me. It took me about 2 weeks to recover from the last time. That period of my life was a nightmare. I don't want to relive it right now. I know I am letting you down, and I am sorry. I just can't be objective."

I love my little sister!)

I’m anxious to get this last bit of feedback because I leave next Wednesday morning for New York and my writer’s conference. I don’t know if I’ll try to pitch the book or if I’m ready to query anyone. I hope the conference will help me determine that. I really want to learn and meet people. It will be good for me to jump out of my comfort zone for a couple of days.

Sunday I’m going to read it one more time to make sure I haven’t missed any glaring grammatical or typographical errors. In the meantime, my house and yard are calling for my attention and my dogs look like they could use a good cuddle.

Me too!

No comments: