Thursday, April 12, 2007

Bras

Current spam count = 646

Kathie over at the Housewife Cafe is getting ready to talk about bras, so I decided to throw in my 2 cents worth.

I watch too much Oprah and she said it was important, so I finally got fitted for the proper bra. That was an interesting experience and I learned a couple of very valuable lessons.

First, my super comfortable 40B sports bras were not only the wrong size, they were not giving me any support. Now frankly I never thought I needed much support. I’m not one of those women who'll be catching her boobs in her belt when she gets old. Even on their best days, they’re not big enough to sag that far.

So imagine my surprise when the fitter told me that I am actually a 36C. I thought she’d been drinking at first, but then decided to wait and see what miracle she was going to pull off to put me into that size. She brought a bunch of bras for me to try on and just as I thought, the girls did not naturally fill out a C cup and there was bunching in the fabric.

So here is where I learned the second lesson, because she taught me a new trick. If you bend over and jiggle really hard a few times, when you stand upright the cups runneth over. I jiggled my way into a C and I now have cleavage.

This is a first for me and I don’t quite know how to handle it yet, but I’m sure I’ll figure it out. And apparently it’s healthier to have the proper support, so when I flaunt my newfound chest I plan to do so under the pretext of concern for my health.

Thank you Oprah!

No comments: