Saturday, April 14, 2007

Puzzles

Current spam count = 732

I just received this message from our techno geek at work: “I’ll be implementing a new SPAM solution this week-end. There should be no significant down time as a result. We should start seeing a significant reduction in SPAM as a result.” Why am I skeptical? Do you think this is significant?

I’m a big picture person. I like to understand the whole process. When I don’t, I get grumpy. I’m grumpy today.

I have pieces of a puzzle, but not enough to put it together and there’s no box lid with a pretty picture to show me what it’s supposed to look like. When I have all the pieces and the picture, I’m great at organizing everything and figuring out what goes where. I can finish the puzzle quickly. I need the pieces and the picture.

I had a picture and all the pieces. They were neatly organized and put together. Some of them didn’t fit quite right, but I knew where the problems were and was working on a solution. Now it feels like someone just walked past the table, swept their arm across it to scatter all the pieces and stole the picture.

The pieces I can find, but I need the picture! Give me the damned picture!

No comments: