Friday, April 13, 2007

TGIF

Current spam count = 693

It’s Friday and I’m looking forward to having a relaxing and productive weekend. My yard looks fabulous. Mr. T and his band of merry men did a great job and the neighbors are talking to me again. I got a new lawnmower too, so in a week or so, I’ll pull it out and impress everyone with my new cordless electric beauty. This one is bigger and more powerful than the last one, so hopefully it won’t take as long to tame my lawn from now on.

Except for a brief afternoon stint at one of my cult meetings on Saturday (it’s not really a cult, but that’s what I tell people just to confuse them) I plan to spend the whole weekend either planting flowers, walking my dog or working on my manuscript. My editor told me she has moved everything around and tonight I’ll get my first look at the new order along with her suggestions for going deeper and beefing it up some more.

I’m looking forward to working on it again. I haven’t read it for about a month except to remove all the unnecessary “that’s”, (love Miss Snark’s blog) so it will be exciting to see it from a fresh perspective. I like my editor and feel lucky to have found her. Somehow, even though I know there’s a lot of work ahead of me as I start the 3rd draft, I feel renewed and ready.

Happy Friday the 13th!

No comments: