Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Word of the day: Frustration!

Current spam count = 565 (No “solution” in sight)

Frustration: an act or instance of causing somebody or something to be dissatisfied or unfulfilled; something that blocks, thwarts, and upsets somebody all at the same time; a feeling of disappointment, exasperation, or weariness caused by aims being thwarted or desires unsatisfied.

Today I’m thinking about taking up heavy drinking. I’m usually a real lightweight when it comes to booze. A couple of drinks and I’m starting to feel sleepy - what’s known as a “cheap date”. I’ve never been a big drinker. In my wilder days, pot and other recreational drugs were more my thing. But, since only prescription drugs cross my lips now, I’m considering downing a bottle of wine or something. Would that be considered heavy drinking?

I figure, I would pass out for about a day, be sick and have the headache from hell for another day or two and by the time I was able to function again, the thing that has me so frustrated would have resolved itself. Now I don’t relish riding the porcelain bus, but it’s a very rare occurrence for me, so it just might be worth it.

Today that sign in my cubicle - “I will not be discouraged!” - is just pissing me off. I’d really like to crumple it up and throw it away.

I may have made a mistake, but it will take a few more days to see if that’s true or not. It’s not a mistake of monumental proportions; I just hate making mistakes and hope this isn’t one.

I won’t drink heavily, or crumple up an inspirational sign, or yell at old ladies, or kick dogs, or throw a tantrum, or any of those things. I’ll go home, take my dog for a long walk, eat some chocolate and get a good night’s sleep. However, if things don’t change by Friday, I may have to break out that bottle. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Emily Hendricks said...

I'm not a heavy drinker either (my medical crap makes it to where I can't be, so I'm always the one driving around my stupidly drunken friends so they don't drive themselves) however I've had one of those days where I definitely want to join you. We'll get two bottles.